Tunbridge Wells Shutters (“Tunbridge Wells Shutters”, “we”, “us”, “our”), the data controller, are committed to always protect the privacy and security of our online visitors/customers. We recognise the importance of using this information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation.
We operate an opt-in policy when obtaining personal details from our customers. We may collect the following information when you request a quote from us or when you make a purchase:
- Contact details including billing and address
- Credit card details if applicable
Where we rely on consent to send marketing communications, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting our customer services department or through the unsubscribe link sent through our marketing emails.
Purposes for which your personal data is used
We will use the personal data which you provide to us for the following purposes;
- Allowing us to process sales orders
- Taking payments in relation to the purchase of products
- Sending you email newsletters
- Undertaking customer research
- Understanding how our customers interact with our websites and personalising their repeat visits
- Determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and advertising
- Responding to queries and complaints
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes
- To carry out contractual obligations entered between you and us
We use the payment information given by all customers to ensure no fraudulent activity is taking place against you the customer, and us. This is necessary to ensure Financial Conduct is followed always.
We do not store your credit or debit card details on our system but instead process transactions through a secure Payment Service Provider.
- The right; to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right; to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right; to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you The right; to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances. Once you have given us instruction to delete your data, we will liaise with our partners to ensure your details are deleted from all systems. This can take up to 72 hours to be completed and written communication will take place to confirm.
- The right; to stop direct marketing messages
- The right; to complain to your data protection regulator